Terms & Conditions
POWER UP PRIZE 2018
Read the FAQs
Contest: SUPERCHARGED® by Kwanza Jones Power Up Prize 2018 (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on August 27, 2018 12:00am PST and ending October 15, 2018 11:59pm PST. All online entries must be received by October 15, 2018 11:59pm PST.
2. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by doing the following:
• Follow SUPERCHARGED by Kwanza Jones on Instagram (@iamSUPERCHARGED)
• Post a 60 second video to your public Instagram profile telling us how you and your friend POWER UP in life, business, or anything, and include @iamsupercharged and #PowerUpPrize in your caption
• Tag the friend who POWERS UP your life
• Email the Instagram video link to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Power Up Prize 2018
The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Each Instagram post and email submission will count as one entry. Submissions via Instagram only will not count as an entry. Submissions via email only will not count as an entry. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of IEG Media d/b/a SUPERCHARGED by Kwanza Jones (“Sponsor”) The Contestant (“You”) must provide the information requested.
You may enter more than once but not more than once per week. The week is defined as starting on Sunday, 12:00am PST and ending on Saturday 11:50pm PST. For each new entry, You must tell us about, and tag, a different friend and follow the above guidelines. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor
If your entry depicts other people, they must be 18 years of age or older and they must have provided permission for your submission of the entry.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to those who follow SUPERCHARGED by Kwanza Jones on Instagram during the designated time period, who have a public Instagram account during the designated Contest period and who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The Contest is only open to permanent legal residents of the United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. Only one (1) prize per household is eligible to win during the Contest period. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, vendors and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
4. Agreement to Rules: By participating and entering the Contest, You agree You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules. You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
5. Prizes: Three (3) Finalist Prize Winners (“Finalist”) will receive round trip transportation, 3-day, 2 night lodging accommodations, and one (1) VIP ticket to the SUPERCHARGED Summit being held in Los Angeles on October 27, 2018. Approximate retail value of each Finalist prize is three thousand dollars ($3,000). Actual retail value may vary. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (‘Winner”), chosen from the Finalist, will receive five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash or cash equivalent gift card or check. Total value of all prizes to be awarded is $14,000. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation payment of any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Finalist and Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Finalist and Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Finalist and Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Finalist will be required to provide a credit card to hotel/lodging accommodation provider to cover incidentals which are not included in Finalist prize package. All travel is subject to availability and restrictions. Finalist understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip. Sponsor is not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight/transportation cancellation or delay. Sponsor is not responsible and will have no liability if Finalist is for any reason not permitted to travel by the relevant airport/transportation authorities or misses a flight or other travel element. Trip and travel insurance are not included. All expenses not specifically and expressly provided herein are the responsibility of the Finalist, including, without limitation, airfare baggage fees, in-flight service or food and beverage fees taxes, incidental charges, gratuities, and ground transportation. Finalist is responsible for compliance with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: After contest deadline, three (3) potential Finalist will be selected by a committee evaluating the entries under the supervision of Sponsor. Each potential Finalist will be notified by email within five (5) days. Finalist will be required to attend the SUPERCHARGED Summit 2018, being held in Los Angeles, California on October 27, 2018. At the SUPERCHARGED Summit 2018, Finalist will present to Kwanza Jones, and a panel, a 3 - 5 minute pitch on how the five thousand dollar ($5,000) prize money would be used to Power Up their career, business, education, personal life or life transformation. After the pitch, the Winner of the five thousand dollar prize ($5,000) will be selected, notified and announced before the closing event at the SUPERCHARGED Summit 2018.
Sponsor shall have no liability for potential Finalist’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for potential Finalist’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If potential Finalist cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to reply to Sponsor within 3 days from the time Finalist notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration, release and background check authorization as required, the potential Finalist prize may be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected.
Potential Finalist and Winner agree (i) to undergo and authorize a background investigation conducted by Sponsor’s and/or Sponsor’s vendor(s) and agree to sign all documents requested by Sponsor to enable Sponsor to conduct a background investigation, including, without limitation, enabling Sponsor to investigate, access and collect information about potential Finalist and any of the statements made by potential Finalist in their entry submission or otherwise; (ii) to be interviewed by telephone or in person at a location designated by Sponsor; and (iii) to be subject to rejection, removal and/or eviction by Sponsor for any violation of any rules of conduct or other objectionable conduct, or reasonable suspicion thereof.
Receipt by Finalist and Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY FINALIST AND WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN FINALIST’S AND WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS FINALIST AND WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS FINALIST AND WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, e.g., photo, video, text, caption etc., (the “Content), You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, parent companies, affiliates, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. In consideration of being entered to win the Contest prize, Furthermore, You grant Sponsor a non-revocable, non-exclusive license to use, in any manner, in perpetuity and throughout the World, the Content. This includes, without limitation, the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use the Content in any way Sponsor sees fit. You also agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, parent companies, affiliates, and assigns, may photograph, record and/or film any or all aspects of the Finalist's and Winner's trip/event (“Footage”), without further compensation. Finalist and Winner agree that Sponsor may use or edit that Footage in any way they see fit. Finalist and Winner also agree to provide Sponsor with additional photos, footage, background and biographical material, as requested, without any further compensation.
By entering the Content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Additional Terms: The entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entries should not contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand. Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing material, in their sole discretion.
Sponsor is not responsible for transmission and/or computer error. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify contest rules as deemed necessary at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to change contest dates or end contest at any time.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, members, managers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree to mediate any and all disputes, claims, or controversies between You and Sponsor arising out of, connected with or relating to this Contest, before resorting to arbitration or court action exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles, California having jurisdiction. Mediation shall be a condition precedent to any other remedy under this agreement. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the parties involved. If, for any dispute or claim to which this agreement applies, any party (i) commences an action without first attempting to resolve the matter through mediation, or (ii) before commencement of an action, refuses to mediate after a request has been made, then that party shall not be entitled to recover attorney fees, even if they would otherwise be available to that party in any such action. You agree any and all disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to this Contest that are not resolved by mediation, shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration. You agree that any cause of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: IEG Media, Power Up Prize Team, 8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #29406, Los Angeles, CA 90069. Requests must be received no later than November 7, 2018 11:59pm PST.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is IEG Media, 8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #29406, Los Angeles, CA 90069, United States of America.
14. Instagram: The Contest hosted by IEG Media is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor of the Contest.
© Copyright 2018 SUPERCHARGED Fitness. All rights reserved.