Maybe you love little happy birdies in the sky, maybe you love pie! Whatever it is, think on that. Be mindful of it.
Be there with it.
You can also go for a walk.
Or skip down the street!
OR BETTER YET,
TAKE A DANCE BREAK WITH YOUR FAVORITE BEAT!
Either way, it’s time we all start feeling a little less guilty about taking breaks during our work days. We only have so many days on this here rock, and so our days might as well rock too.
Top 25 Reasons why YOU – yes, you, looking at this screen – should get up right now and take a break:
- Your brain definitely wants it.
- You’re sexy, confident, and marvelously VICIOUS, and vicious people get what they want!
- There’s no one like you on the planet. So act like you deserve a break! Your power comes from your own uniqueness.
- Oh, and you looooove music and you need time to listen to it of course. And dance to it. Duh.
- You do a great job helping your family.
- You make your kids lunches – so why wouldn’t you eat lunch too?
- You need time to eat nuts and avocados and blueberries and dark chocolate and fish and other brain-healthy food!
- Maybe even put all that in a BLENDER and make a power smoothie!!! Yaaaaay.
- Fish & blueberries… Ewe, no. Sorry.
- Because you’ll actually GO nuts if you don’t take a break… And start drinking weird shakes that will never taste good.
- You’ll be less bored and unfocused.
- Because it’s time to just Press Play.
- You do a great job at work too. You know it. Everyone else knows it.
- And even if you don’t know it yet, oh well, you still deserve a break because you’re a human. And you’re not a machine.
- Because life is like a box of chocolates. And someone’s gotta make time to eat those chocolates, silly.
- In some states, taking a break is literally the law.
- Your in-laws are coming over tonight, so take time to mentally prepare, take time to mediate.
- Dream of your next vacation!
- Because your “work bestie” wants to go for a walk.
- Look outside. It’s sunny out. It feels like it’s gonna be summer forever.
- Okay, even if it’s crappy out, fresh air will still do you some good. It’ll give you time to breathe!
- Because playing hard helps you with working hard. You’ll be more productive, creative, and efficient.
- Because it’s healthy to love yourself FIRST.
- Because you need time to appreciate the mountains, the beach, the sun, the clouds, the rain, the rainbows, the squirrels, the bushes, or whatever kind of nature surrounds you right this instant, right outside that door.
- Tip-top reason though????: Take a break, because no one should ever miss a chance to dance.