February Community Event
No Seat? Build Your Own Table (and Invite Others to It)
Ever been underestimated, underrepresented, not included at the table? This is a common theme expressed by people of color, women, and other diverse professionals. In celebration of Black History month, we’re showcasing leaders from a range of industries (tech, media…) and business sizes (startups, SMEs, and beyond). They’ll share their valuable experiences about how they paved their own way when opportunities were not made available to them… and, how you can too.
Black History Month shouldn’t be the starting and endpoint for discussions about diversity, inclusion, and opportunity. We’re sharing real solutions that go beyond BHM. They can help you improve your opportunities, improve your company’s culture, and boost your D&I initiatives from buzzwords to business success.
You’ll hear from:
- Our Founder and CEO, Kwanza Jones who is a sought-after speaker, investor, and philanthropist. Above all, she is a catalyst that defies labels and limits. She is dedicated to sparking change by boosting people and organizations to be better and improving the world, together.
- Hamêt Watt who constantly boosts businesses as the Founder & CEO of Share Ventures, a platform that connects founders to investors, venture capitalists, etc.
- Dr. Cheryl Ingram who powers possibilities as the Founder & CEO of Inclusolgy, a diversity, equity, and inclusion assessment platform dedicated to help businesses build inclusive workplaces.
- Donna Byrd, Founder of BlueButterfly, who paves her own way through tech with her digital startup that assists families with funeral planning
- Brigid Coulter, Founder & CEO of Blackbird House, who boosts her community by providing a safe co-working space dedicated to empowering women of color — and allies championing for diversity & inclusion
- Jody Jacobs, our SUPERCHARGED® Products, Programs and Biz Dev Lead is a master connector that uses his experiences as an intrapreneur AND entrepreneur to ignite success in teams and build community.
WHAT WENT DOWN