FAQs = Terms Conditions Trigger
Frequently Asked Questions
SUPERCHARGED® Pitch Prize
SUPERCHARGED® by Kwanza Jones
HOW DO I ENTER TO WIN?
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- IN-PERSON APPLICATION
- Complete the form located at the onsite registration desk (located at the entrance to the venue)
WHAT ARE THE DATES OF THE APPLICATION TIME PERIOD?
- The online application opens on Friday, October 11, 2019 12:00 AM PT and closes on Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:00 PM PT.
- In-person entries will be accepted on Saturday, October 19, 2019 starting at 8:00 AM PT and ending Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:30 PM PT.
CAN I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION ON ANY OTHER PLATFORMS?
No. You must submit your application HERE or apply in person at the SUPERCHARGED Summit on October 19.
CAN I ENTER THE COMPETITION MORE THAN ONCE?
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY ONLINE TO BE A PART OF THE SUPERCHARGED PITCH PRIZE COMPETITION?
After registering for the SUPERCHARGED Summit and applying online, your submission is complete! If you are chosen as one of the three (3) finalists to present your pitch on stage at the SUPERCHARGED Summit, you will be notified via email within 48 hours of application deadline.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY IN PERSON TO BE A PART OF THE SUPERCHARGED PITCH PRIZE COMPETITION?
After the in-person application deadline of 1:30 PM on October 19, 2019, two (2) finalists will be notified by 4:30 PM via text message or announcement at the SUPERCHARGED Summit.
HOW IS THE SUPERCHARGED PITCH PRIZE WINNER CHOSEN?
The winner of the SUPERCHARGED Pitch Prize will be chosen by a select group of judges, including Kwanza Jones, herself!
WHEN IS THE WINNER CHOSEN?
The $5,000 Grand Prize winner will be announced at the SUPERCHARGED Summit on October 19, 2019.
DO I HAVE TO ATTEND THE SUPERCHARGED SUMMIT?
YES! You have to have to register for a ticket to the SUPERCHARGED Summit in order to participate in the pitch competition. Trust us. You want to be there!
HOW MUCH MONEY IS AWARDED?
WILL THE PRIZE MONEY BE TAXED?
Yes, the total of $5,000 is taxable. All prize money and associated taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
CAN ANYONE ELSE IN MY FAMILY WIN?
Other people in your family can enter but only one (1) prize is allowed per household.
DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN LOS ANGELES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE $5,000 PRIZE?
No, but you must be in attendance at the SUPERCHARGED Summit in order to pitch for the prize.
WHAT IS THE SUPERCHARGED SUMMIT BY KWANZA JONES?
The SUPERCHARGED Summit by Kwanza Jones is an exclusive experience that gives you the BOOST you need to start taking next-level action! You gain access to influential people that help you transform from a goal-setter to a goal-getter. You get the tools you need to reach your highest potential. And, you get advanced access to the soon to be released SUPERCHARGED app that helps you make moves, boost your confidence and your connections.
We’re not trying to be your best friend. We’re going to be your Boost Friend™.
Terms & Conditions
SUPERCHARGED Pitch Prize 2019 - Pitch Competition
Pitch Competition: SUPERCHARGED® Pitch Prize 2019 (the “Competition”)
CONTEST IS OPEN TO REGISTERED ATTENDEES OF THE 2019 SUPERCHARGED SUMMIT BY KWANZA JONES BEING HELD SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2019 IN LOS ANGELES, CA.
- Competition Application Period: Online entries will be accepted starting Friday, October 11th, 2019 12:00 AM PT and ending Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:00 PM PT. In-person entries will be accepted on Saturday, October 19, 2019 starting at 8:00 AM PT and ending Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:30 PM PT.
- How to Participate: The Competition must be entered by completing the following requirements:
- REGISTER FOR AND ATTEND THE 2019 SUPERCHARGED SUMMIT BY KWANZA JONES
- You must have a ticket to the SUPERCHARGED Summit to participate in the competition
- COMPLETE THE CONTEST APPLICATION FORM:
- If applying online, complete this form
- If applying in-person, complete the form located at the onsite registration desk (located at the entrance to the venue)
- PREPARE YOUR PITCH: Prepare a 2-3 minute pitch explaining why you should be chosen to win the $5K SUPERCHARGED Pitch Prize.
- Your pitch must answer the questions: (1) How do you intend to use the SUPERCHARGED Pitch Prize to boost yourself, your organization, your company, and/or your community? (2) How that will, in turn, boost the world?
- If selected as a finalist, you must be in attendance at the 2019 SUPERCHARGED Summit to participate in the pitch on Saturday, October 19, 2019.
- Present your 2-3 minute pitch on stage at the 2019 SUPERCHARGED Summit on October 19, 2019.
The entrant must fulfill all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize of five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD). Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of SUPERCHARGED LLC d.b.a. SUPERCHARGED by Kwanza Jones (“Sponsor”) The Contestant (“You”) must provide the information requested.
You may enter only once. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Eligibility: The Competition is open only to those who follow the requirements in “How To Participate” section during the designated Competition time period, and who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The Competition is only open to permanent legal residents of the United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. Only one (1) prize per household is eligible to win during the Competition period. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, vendors and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By applying and participating in the Competition, You agree You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Terms & Conditions. You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Terms & Conditions, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
- Prizes: Three (3) online entrants and two (2) in-person entrants will be chosen as Finalists (“Finalists”). Online entrants will be notified via email on October 18, 2019. The in-person entrants will be notified by 4:30 PM PT, October 19, 2019 via text message or announcement at the 2019 SUPERCHARGED Summit. All finalists must be available in-person to participate in the SUPERCHARGED Pitch Prize Competition at the SUPERCHARGED Summit by Kwanza Jones on October 19, 2019.
The five (5) Finalists will present a 2-3 minute presentation on stage. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (‘Winner”), chosen from the Finalists, will receive five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD) cash or cash equivalent gift card or check. Total value of all prizes to be awarded is five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD). The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation payment of any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner will be required to complete a Form W-9. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Finalists and Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible applications received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: After online and in-person application deadline, five (5) potential Finalists will be selected by a committee evaluating the entries under the supervision of Sponsor. Online entrants will be notified via email by 11:59 PM PT, October 18, 2019. The in-person entrants will be notified by 4:30 PM PT, October 19, 2019 via text message or announcement at the 2019 SUPERCHARGED Summit. Finalist will be required to attend the SUPERCHARGED Summit by Kwanza Jones 2019, being held in Los Angeles, California on Saturday, October 19, 2019. At the 2019 SUPERCHARGED Summit, Finalist will present to Kwanza Jones, and a panel, a 2 - 3 minute pitch on how the five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD) prize money would be used to boost their self, organization, company, and/or your community. And, in turn, boost the world. After the pitch, the Winner of the five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD) will be selected, notified and announced before the closing event at the SUPERCHARGED Summit 2019.
Sponsor shall have no liability for potential Finalist’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, text message failure, or other security settings or for potential Finalist’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If potential Finalist cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to reply to Sponsor within 12 hours from the time Finalist notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration, release and background check authorization as required, the potential Finalist prize may be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected.
Potential Finalist and Winner agree (i) to undergo and authorize a background investigation conducted by Sponsor’s and/or Sponsor’s vendor(s) and agree to sign all documents requested by Sponsor to enable Sponsor to conduct a background investigation, including, without limitation, enabling Sponsor to investigate, access and collect information about potential Finalist and any of the statements made by potential Finalist in their entry submission or otherwise; (ii) to be interviewed by telephone or in person at a location designated by Sponsor; and (iii) to be subject to rejection, removal and/or eviction by Sponsor for any violation of any rules of conduct or other objectionable conduct, or reasonable suspicion thereof.
Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY FINALIST AND WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN FINALIST’S AND WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS FINALIST AND WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS FINALIST AND WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest and application, e.g., photo, video, text, caption, copy, etc., (the “Content), You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. In consideration of being entered to win the Competition prize, Furthermore, You grant Sponsor a non-revocable, non-exclusive license to use, in any manner, in perpetuity and throughout the World, the Content. This includes, without limitation, the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use the Content in any way Sponsor sees fit. You also agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, parent companies, affiliates, and assigns, may photograph, record and/or film any or all aspects of the Finalist's and Winner's event (“Footage”), without further compensation. Finalist and Winner agree that Sponsor may use or edit that Footage in any way they see fit. Finalist and Winner also agree to provide Sponsor with additional photos, footage, background and biographical material, as requested, without any further compensation.
By entering the Content and Application, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Additional Terms: The entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entries should not contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand. Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing material, in their sole discretion.
Sponsor is not responsible for transmission and/or computer error. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify competition rules as deemed necessary at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to change competition dates or end competition at any time.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering and applying, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, members, managers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition You agree to mediate any and all disputes, claims, or controversies between You and Sponsor arising out of, connected with or relating to this Competition, before resorting to arbitration or court action exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles, California having jurisdiction. Mediation shall be a condition precedent to any other remedy under this agreement. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the parties involved. If, for any dispute or claim to which this agreement applies, any party (i) commences an action without first attempting to resolve the matter through mediation, or (ii) before commencement of an action, refuses to mediate after a request has been made, then that party shall not be entitled to recover attorney fees, even if they would otherwise be available to that party in any such action. You agree any and all disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to this Competition that are not resolved by mediation, shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration. You agree that any cause of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SUPERCHARGED by Kwanza Jones, SUPERCHARGED Pitch Prize 2019 Team, 8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #29406, Los Angeles, CA 90069. Requests must be received no later than November 7, 2019 11:59pm PST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is SUPERCHARGED LLC dba SUPERCHARGED by Kwanza Jones, 8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #29406, Los Angeles, CA 90069, United States of America.